Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Alex Wilson Portrait Shoot, Part One

  
   It's a touch distracting  - but also pleasing - to recall that I first met Alex Wilson 20 years ago, but our recent reunion brought some lost time between us into focus. And if this entry's title was not enlightening enough, that tasteless unintentional pun should reference clearly that Alex is now a professional photographer, in whose current project I was more than pleased to participate. The call for subjects has been free and open; my friend Danielle Meder of Final Fashion has also answered it, resulting in more of Alex's signature striking imagery, illuminating as he does, the nuances of his subjects in every portrait that he crafts

These two were taken using Alex's Canon 1Ds Mk II:


And this shot is good old fashioned 10x8 film:


As taken with this wondrous contraption:


Fun fact for the details fiends - I am wearing a Sulka silk bow tie with a moiré pattern, which is most evident in photograph no.2. As I wrote before, the nuances always benefit from a little illumination


All photographs are the copyright of Alex Wilson: http://awilsonphotographic.com/


4 comments:

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

great shots! the second is the "money shot" Sir. pgt

Barima said...

Thank you, Gaye! I'm also fond of that one - it's all in the composition

Best as always,

BON

ADG said...

B. I don't think you can manifest a "bad shot"...always solid my friend. Always.

Barima said...

Thank you, ADG. I do try

Best as always,

BON

ShareThis