Saturday 6 November 2010

Birds/New Friend


   I recently paid a visit to the State-Of-The-Arts Gallery in Central, Hong Kong, where I met this fellow. He was encouraging visitors to unleash their inner animal, rather like the Power Penguin meditation sequence of my favourite film, Fight Club

   Like this man and Fight Club's unnamed Narrator, I suspect that my own animal is avian themed - apposite and appropriate - although a peacock might be a tad obvious. Our sartorial fandom does make us - dare I say - birds of a feather

3 comments:

Theo said...

Barima

You relieve some of the awkwardness I was half-feeling coming into summer and the inevitable decision re: short sleeves or not. Very, very nice.

P.Gaye Tapp at Little Augury said...

Never discount the Peacock! Edith Sitwell identified with their feathers since it was a favorite pet as a child. Gaye

Barima said...

Theo, it all depends on the cut and styling of the shirt - intrinsically, short sleeves are not the devil's plaything. Glad to be of service

Gaye, I could never underestimate the peacock. My grandfather had a number roaming his garden and the Aesthetic Movement rightfully considered their feathers to be symbolic of great beauty. And I'm sure they made a pivotal appearance in the video to 'Can You Feel It'

All best,

B

ShareThis